Friday, March 27, 2009

Cry Behind A Roar


I am speechless
No, I can speak
You can’t hear me
You don’t fear me
Anymore

I am the King of Jungle
But I am not safe, I can’t mingle
With my friends, at my place
Your one bullet, and I am history

Who gave you the right
To kill me, to nil me
From this place
Without a trace

I am the most dangerous specie known
You gave me this name
Your guns have killed my brothers
My children, and you have caged me
With some stinking food, and a water trough

My skin is your prized possession
In your home, in your palace
To show them off with pride
And, I lie beneath your feet
My teeth serves you in your fights

Who gave you the right
To kill me, to nil me
From this place
Without a trace

I don’t want to survive on your plight
You are killing me again and again
And I am going extinct
For once, listen the cries behind my roars
Please end these wars
Please end these wars



© rahul

27.03.2009

Chaat Vaat Khaalo..!! Creative House

Image - farm4.static.flickr.com

10 comments:

Unknown said...

the topic is very sensitive n different. n u hav written it so beautifully....gr8!!

Make Me Disappear said...

@nandita

thanx baby

Viji said...

Rahul... leave alone the poem, the title "cry behind a roar" dragged me to your blog:)


I don’t want to survive on your plight
You are killing me again and again
And I am going extinct
For once, listen the cries behind my roars

never read such a powerful write before... standing ovation buddy :) well done.

Make Me Disappear said...

Thank You Viji :)

Opaque said...

I truly adore the theme here. I have written a song based on a similar theme. It is nice to know someone else thinks so as well.

Now, about the song/poem: I appreciate the effort, that's all.

The message comes out clean and clear. However, a few lines seem too disconnected.

And, in a few places it gives an essence of a riddle we had in school. I am not sure if that is your intention or not.

Also, in a few places I am not sure of the word usage.

But, hey, your message comes out clear here. Thus, I write that I appreciate the effort. Work on it!!!

PS: Sorry for the delay in commenting to this.

Make Me Disappear said...

Thank You for the read Ajey. I wanted to write on this theme from quite sometime. Tried my best. Yes, it has got errors. Nut the emotion and message comes out clean, innit?

You wrote something on the similar theme? Wow..I wud love to read it.

I will work on it...

Thank you.!!

Opaque said...

"You wrote something on the similar theme? Wow..I wud love to read it."

You've already read it. I recall your comment for the song. Cheers!!!

Make Me Disappear said...

Oh, My bad...Frankly, I don't remember. Maybe I should go back and read it again..

Saadi said...

Awesome one, Rahul!!! I love the concept behind this one!
It's true that man is imposing it's power upon animals in the most cruel and inhuman way!
And we claim ourselves as the most intelligent species!

Anyhow, I'd rather not speak more on the issue I'm very sensitive about!

Thumbs up, man!

Make Me Disappear said...

@Saadi

thank You..!! This cause is very close to my heart. Wanted to write something on this from a long time..Finally came up with this..

Thank you your time..!!