Monday, March 16, 2009

Barren Streets (Re-released)

This is a further improved version of "Barren Streets" which was released sometime back by me. The Editing for the song is done by Ajey Padival (Brosreview). I hope you people like it.


Barren Streets
Knock me down
Red Blocks pass by as
I walk alone
Striking chords with lifeless things

I take a look around
And, I see
The sky is not blue
And, flowers have
Lost their hue

No, don’t close yourself in a pot
Where your thoughts are barred
Break open it!
Come out of it!
Or, you’ll loose yourself in the drought

Come join me!
As I walk alone
Striking chords with lifeless things

Life waves at us
From the other side
It smiles as it dances
Keep your arms wide open
And, let the ends meet

Spread a smile
Offer a hug
Give it all
That you have
And, let humanity breed

Come join me!
As I walk alone
Striking chords with lifeless things


Copyright © Rahul Sharma, ed. Ajey Padival 2009 (India/Australia; rahulsharma115@gmail.com and ajeypadival@msn.com)

Image - World Of Stock (Might be subjected to Copyright)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The words of this one reminded me of the plight of Palestinian children

Make Me Disappear said...

Thank you A'jay

Credit goes to Brosreview, who helped me with this song..

Opaque said...

Hey, sorry for the late comment here.

Your words sound like you are giving me the entire credit which is very unfair. It is your theme, your words.

I tweaked it here and there to make it a song.

Seems like it's working, eh? Good luck!!!

But, remember, as someone else pointed out in your other post, stick to your style!!! Just polish it, that's all!!!