Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am the human spirit


I am the human spirit, I walk into the fire
The fire of anguish, the fire to bring about a change
To change the way we live now
To change everything around

They kill me every time
But I come again to fight back
Grenades, and guns do me no damage
Because, I am the human spirit walking on

I am no God, I am no saint and I am no devil
I am just a human spirit walking on

I maybe rich, I maybe poor
Maybe born in a fancy hospital or a shanty hostel
I maybe on my own
Without any assets, or with a home

You terrorize me, you threaten me
You think I will succumb
But remember this, you unholy coward
I am immortal, only this body will burn

I am no God, I am no saint and I am no devil
I am just a human spirit walking on

© rahul

Co-Editor(s) - praveer & rahul

19.02.2009

Chaat Vaat Khaalo..!! Creative House

Image - Human Spirit

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one makes me think of a phoenix in the first few lines...its a good sentiment though. Sometimes I think about change and being a vehicle, but then I get bogged down by it all.

Make Me Disappear said...

Same goes with me, indeed all of us.

Khaled KEM said...

I like your human spirit..the beginning was very intriguing. You described the fall of a spirit in a nice way. The only thing I record that through the lines it happened so quickly without glimpsing why?

Make Me Disappear said...

First of all, Thank You Khaled for taking your time and reading it.

Well, isn't it too the point? heh..

I don't know why it happened so quickly without glimpsing..hehe..

Srry about that :)

Alok said...

Very thoughtful, apt and contemporary.. keep the good work going...

Opaque said...

Umm, I notice the change suggested has not been made. Still, it is better!!! I still do not digest one line. You know which one, don't you?

Saadi said...

"I'm Immortal only this body will burn"

Loved this line!!

Good stuff, Rahul! Really good stuff!