Saturday, February 7, 2009

Diamond Dance





Endless pain, drinking shame

Whirled to bury the previous game
All those orgies and those names
Wreaking my brains.



Wines and women, I had had ‘nuff
Erased the cigarettes puff by puff
Looked for joys, forever in trance

Life was nothing but a diamond dance



Mary Jane was the only friend

She gave me pleasure till the end
In her arms, I found solace
Never wanted I, to expunge the haze



Pauper from a prince, I became

The extravagance was now all gone

And only the tatters remained

Those bigots looked at me with visions of thorn



All this idiocy, couldn’t change me

For it was, me just being me

Life to me was a two-dollar whore

I let it be, I let be




3 comments:

Opaque said...

Quite a powerful thought!!! But, again, not expressed well. Check out lines 4 and 5.

The theory behind diamond dance is quite good. But, I am not sure whether you are thinking the same as I. The "visions of thorn"; umm, I understand the intended expression. But, I don't think this qualifies.

You come up with some good themes. Try expressing them in an easy fashion. I thought you decided to do so, didn't you? Any ways, keep it up!!!

Make Me Disappear said...

I'm following your advices.
Trying to keep them simple.

I'm working on some good themes, but guess somehow, never manage to do justice to them.

Thanks for reading and posting your comments

Saadi said...

Good thought but I think ti could be expressed in a much better manner!

Some minor errors here and there, otherwise it's good!