Friday, February 27, 2009

Ending Credits




Ending Credits

The reel reads,
“The End”.
The show is over,
It’s time for my departure.
Played my part at par,
I would like to think.

Life is a circle,
I believed.
The reels would roll over again
For the next show.
I might play the same part again,
Or maybe not.

What I believed
Was not real.
As the credit ends,
The final laughs would be concealed.

“I’ll come again”,
I told myself.
Will I?
What good I did, I thought,
As I removed the make-shift clothes.

Everyone cried,
As I slept quietly on funeral pyre.
Though I was smiling with closed eyes,
Expecting, He would lend me a hand

My makeshift clothes
Were burned,
Red colored fire laughed,
And the laughs could be heard.
For she knew
Life cycle is such.
What comes has to leave,
Credits must end,
For reels to roll over again.


© rahul

Co-Editor(s) - praveer & rahul

Chaat Vaat Khaalo..!! Creative House
27.02.09

Image Courtesy - Empty Reel

7 comments:

me said...

Dude, the speed at which u're producing the poetry is astonishing.

This poem has a feel to it.

- praveer

Alok said...

again a good one.. quite philosophical..

Opaque said...

You're on the fast lane. Beware!!! Cycle of life; unpredictable, isn't it? I sense a similarity to my work in this one.

Make Me Disappear said...

Thank you Alok sir and Bhai

Make Me Disappear said...

I'll take that as a complement Ajey :)

Unknown said...

wonderful
this is one of ur best composition

loved evry bit of it

Saadi said...

I really liked this one! The title is really eye-catching! I read this one before I read the rest commented last because I was going in order!!

Really good!