Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Alas!


alas!

Oh, what a day it was

I was flowing with the wind

Standing by the creek

Saw an angel with a broken wing


I stuttered to a halt

And hid behind a rock

As if compelled by

Some mystical force


It was a vision extraordinaire

Though there was gloom on her face

As if her crying eyes were asking

“Will I ever be healed, is someone here?”


Something inside me wanted to help

Though I was not sure

“From the whirlpool of pains

Would I be able to bring her ashore?”


I walked up to the creek

And asked who she was

With frightened eyes she looked at me

Into the tree she vanished, alas!


© praveer & rahul

Image - http://image54.webshots.com

E-mail(s) - sharma.rahul@rahul.co.in

praveer.bisht@gmail.com



4 comments:

Opaque said...

This is one of your good ones Rahul. I would play with the punctuations a bit. But, that is just me. Good one!!!

Make Me Disappear said...

Thanx man..!!! Am Glad you liked it

Saadi said...

One word; Awesome!!

Make Me Disappear said...

Thanx brother :)