Friday, February 13, 2009

Embrace of the Mother

This One is dedicated to my Mom. Somewhere I can relate to this piece and that's why I wrote it.

Mom, I Love You

Thank you for being there with me whenever I felt alone and sad.
You mean everything to me.


Embrace Of The Mother

Resting with no serenity in his mind
Tries hard to get some dreams
To his dismay, everything is blurring
Are they empty, or he's getting blind


A smudged figure appears

With a scythe in his hand
The kid can't view who the man is
Wrapped in black desert sand

The kid stirs up blue faced
And escapes out of the dark
Screaming and crying
Scared and alone

He lies besides his mother, and says
“Mother, I am scared, please hold me
The man will kill me
Please hold me, please hide me”

Mother holds the kid in her embrace
And says,” I am here for you son”
She wipes the tears rolling down from his eyes
Like a bird sweeps the high skies

The kid feels secure in her embrace
And finally sleeps with some peace
Mother caresses his hair
And now the sweet dreams are no more afar


© rahul
Co-Editors - praveer & rahul
13.02.2009

Chaat Vaat Khaalo..!! Creative House

Image - http://www.lladro.com/sculptures/imgCat/imagennor/01018218.jpg

9 comments:

Opaque said...

A very good one!!! Keep it up!!!

Make Me Disappear said...

Thank you Ajey

Judith Ellis said...

Mothers are so beautiful. Thank you for honoring mothers; such need not happen only on the day that we in America call Mother's Day. All the best.

Make Me Disappear said...

@judith ellis

Thank you :)

Make Me Disappear said...

You see, I am an indian and in India, Mother comes before anything else, even God..

Just wanted my mom to know how much she means to me..

Khaled KEM said...

Rahul,

A very touching poem about our mothers. When it comes from heart it goes to heart!

Make Me Disappear said...

Thank you Khaled :)

Opaque said...

Running through the good stuff, I could not miss this one, could I?

Saadi said...

Beautiful!! Possibly my favorite from all I've read till now!

Good going!